Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per WrestleVotes, before Tag Team Turmoil was announced WWE originally had an idea to have the Women’s Battle Royal at WrestleMania 37 on night one with the last two being crowned winners and forming a team to challenge for the titles the next night.
- According to PW Insider, Money in the Bank will take place on May 16 and Backlash will take place on June 20 of this year. Both events will be held at the ThunderDome at the Yuengling Center in Tampa, Florida.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio it was said that the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal was moved to SmackDown to make sure each night of WrestleMania 37 stays under 3-and-a-half hours.
- Ringside News claims Logan Paul had issues backstage in WWE the last time he was there but he’s been great to work with since coming in for on-screen work.
- Davey Richards is close to finalizing a deal to return to pro wrestling with Global Syndicate Wrestling, says PW Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.