Nippon Ichi Software has released new information for The Wicked King and the Noble Hero re-introducing the King Dragon and protagonist Yuu, as well as introducing some of the friends players will encounter on their adventure.
Get the details below.
■ Main Characters
King Dragon (Overlord)
Yuu’s foster parent and king of monsters. Although once feared by the people as the wicked Overlord, he has since turned over a new leaf and even secretly lends aid to humans. He is helping Yuu train to become a noble hero like her father.
The child of the late Hero. A human girl who every night hears stories of the adventures of her father, the Hero, from the King Dragon and longs to become a hero like him. But she is unaware that the King Dragon, her foster parent, was the Overlord that her father once battled.
■ The Friends Who Will Adventure Alongside You
A snow fox who lives on “Ice-Moon Hill.” A boy with many siblings and devoted to his family. He meets Yuu during a time his family is facing a crisis.
A servant of the easily elated King Dragon. He can be quite outspoken, but it often backfires. He admires the former King Dragon, who was the powerful and great Overlord. He is skilled at knife juggling.
Princess of the human nation. Since her people were once attacked by the Overlord, she wonders if there is anything she can do as even now they remain frightened by his revival.
The Wicked King and the Noble Hero is due out for PlayStation 4 and Switch on June 24 in Japan. Read more about the game here.
View the images at the gallery.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example: <spoiler>Woe is Leomon.</spoiler> State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.